The Group for overflight within the Directorate for Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is in charge of matters falling within the domain of consular activities and, due to its specific nature, the service works round the clock (on working days, over the weekends, during state holidays).The most important tasks of the Group, amongst others, are the following:
- Obtaining overflight or landing permits for our Government aircraft (carrying the highest-level state delegations and top level officials) on the territories of foreign countries via our diplomatic or consular missions abroad.
- Receiving, processing and issuing of diplomatic clearance for the overflight or landing of foreign Government aircraft on the territory of the Republic of Serbia, including on-going communication with foreign diplomatic or consular missions and in coordination with the competent authorities of the Republic of Serbia (Ministry of Defence, Flight Control Agency, Civil Aviation Directorate...).
Within the framework of the tasks related to securing diplomatic clearance for the overflight and landing of our Government aircraft abroad, and with a view to achieving maximum possible efficiency and eliminating any lack of clarity, problems or omissions, it is necessary to strictly comply with the following Instruction:
- Applications should be submitted in the prescribed form (filled in Form). The application must contain all relevant data concerning the aircraft, air routes (corridors), points of entry & exit, dates and times (UTC), purpose of flight (precisely stating who are the passengers aboard the aircraft), etc. It is particularly important to mention the countries whose permit is applied for. For certain countries it is also necessary to fill in special Forms (e.g. Croatia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Iran, United Kingdom, Belarus, Czech Republic). This practically means that the main application should be supported by a special filled-in Form if the permit is requested for some of the mentioned countries. The application must contain your company’s registration number because our diplomatic or consular missions refer to that number in their replies. It is also necessary to mention the name of the contact person, numbers of fixed and mobile phones, fax number and the current mail address.
- Having in mind the need to observe the set time limits by other countries, it is necessary to submit applications at least 3 (three) working days before the planned flight whenever that is possible. Also, account must be taken of the fact that in some European countries there is no specialized service operating 24 hours and over the weekends or on state holidays, which handles applications for the issuance of diplomatic clearances (e.g. Slovenia, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Montenegro ...).
- In order to achieve maximum efficiency and better coordination in communication between the applicant and the Group for Overflight, a prior announcement by telephone that the application in writing will follow is necessary (please call the officer on duty in the Group for Overflight – mobile phone 066/8066106 or during office hours from 07.30 to 15.30 hours – direct phone number ++381 11 306-8236 and ++381 11 306-8476).
- In the event of change of the data contained in the main application, it is necessary to immediately call the officer on duty in the Group for Overflight, i.e. before sending the application to the Ministry. In the event of change as well, the change will be notified in the prescribed filled-in Form and forwarded to the MFA (as well as the main application).
- Applications should be submitted exclusively using the central fax of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs 3618-366 or 3618-367. In specific and extremely urgent cases which are an exception rather than a rule, the application may be sent to the mail address of the MFA Communication Centre:
- All the above mentioned Forms are available in electronic form and can be accessed to from the web site.
Applicants requesting the issuance of diplomatic clearance for the overflight or landing of foreign Government aircraft on the territory of the Republic of Serbia (foreign diplomatic or consular missions) should submit their applications to the Group for Overflight via diplomatic channels 3 working days prior to the planned flight, including also a filled-in Form which can be accessed to on the web site. Applications relating to the transportation of toxic substances, armaments, munition and explosives must be submitted at least 5 working days before the planned flight so that they could be forwarded to the competent authority (Civil Aviation Directorate).